- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- With disaster risk on the rise, Sierra Leone partners with PDC on advanced DRR strategies
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
A two-day regional conference on refugee protection and international migration in the Americas, hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and organized by IOM, UNHCR and the OAS, with support from the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), opens on Thursday in the Costa Rican capital, San José.
The conference, which will be officially opened by Foreign Affairs Minister Bruno Stagno and Interior Minister Janina Del Vecchio, will bring together some officials from 20 countries as well as IOM, UNHCR, OAS, OHCHR, national and international NGOs, civil society and …
First Global Broadcast - Women on the Frontline - Presented by Annie Lennox on BBC World, Tomorrow, 18 April 2008 at 1930 GMT
UNITED NATIONS, Geneva - This is an unfortunate anniversary.
Fourteen years ago, in April 1994, news got out that ethnic violence in Kigali was spreading throughout Rwanda. Since then, the world community has struggled to explain how the genocide of 800,000 people happened in full view, but less discussed is the ongoing impact of the rape and other forms of sexual violence committed against hundreds of thousands of women.
Violence against women is the theme …