- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Soccer for girls, success for all
Polio this week - As of 12 June 2013
Sixty-fifth General Assembly
By British Red Cross
Land Rover and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) have launched a new multi-country initiative, under the theme 'Reaching Vulnerable People Around the World' to help vulnerable people over the next three years.
The vehicle company will be giving support to help run community-based programmes in fifteen countries - with a particular focus on two humanitarian programmes in Sierra Leone and China.
In total, Land Rover's support will provide vital help to more than 120,000 vulnerable people in Sierra Leone and …
GENEVA - The UN refugee agency said Friday that the global number of refugees* fell 4 percent in 2004 to 9.2 million, the lowest total in almost a quarter of a century. But UNHCR annual statistics released just ahead of World Refugee Day on Monday showed that the numbers of internally displaced and stateless people remain high.