- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
'It remains too easy and convenient for adults to use children as soldiers,' said the Director of the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers, Victoria Forbes Adam, as she launched the Coalition's 2008 Child Soldiers Global Report today at a Headquarters press conference.
Tens of thousands of children were currently operating in the ranks of dozens of armed groups in at least 24 different countries or territories across the globe, according to the report.
MYANMAR: CYCLONE NARGIS RESPONSE
UMCOR is working with its partner Church World Service to bring emergency relief to thousands of people affected by Tropical Cyclone Nargis which tore through the Irrawaddy Delta on May 3, before slamming into Myanmar's (Burma) largest city of Yangon. According to a Reuters news report, the current death toll is 22,500 with a further 41,000 missing.
UMCOR is supporting CWS and its partner agencies and anticipates working with additional partners to provide relief and recovery assistance for the people of Myanmar.