- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
New joint programme seen as structured framework for collaboration in the spirit of the "One UN" principles
United Nations, New York - The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) and the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) signed today the Gender Equitable Local Development (GELD) programme document, which forges a partnership between UNCDF, UNIFEM and UNDP, to support the improvement of women's access to resources and services at the local level through gender-responsive planning, programming and budgeting.
FAONEWSRELEASE 05/88 En
Rome, 30 June 2005 - School gardens can be a powerful tool to improve the quality of nutrition and education of children and their families in rural and urban areas in developing countries, if they are integrated with national agricultural, nutrition and education programmes, FAO said today.
Since 1997, over 150 school garden microprojects have been supported by FAO's TeleFood programme in more than 40 countries. Larger FAO technical cooperation projects are under way, including capacity-building for long-term national school garden programmes.