- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
2974th EXTERNAL RELATIONS Council meeting
Item 84 of the provisional agenda
I. Merlin - a small organisation with a big impact:
by Niurka Piñeiro, IOM Spokesperson
Children's Aid Direct makes an immediate and lasting improvement to the lives of children and their carers who are affected by conflict, poverty or disaster.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Kris Janowski - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
by Niurka Piñeiro, IOM Spokesperson
Democratic Republic of Congo (Maniema Province)
This report includes: (A) Palestinian Territory (B) East Timor (C) Russian Federation / Northern Caucasus (D) Angola (E) Ethiopia (F) Eritrea (G) Sierra Leone (H) Republic of Congo (I) Burundi (J) FR Yugoslavia / Kosovo (K) Albania
In Albania (Tirana)
- Improving the diagnostic methods for tuberculosis (TB) by rehabilitating 7 hospitals and 12 TB dispensaries.
- Constructing a health clinic for the internally displaced population in order to provide them with improved sanitation.
- Preventing and treating the top five causes of death and debilitating conditions.
- Helping the local Ministry of Health to rehabilitate and support 2 hospitals and 42 health centres.
- Providing basic health care for displaced people in Guara Guara camp, Sofala Province
- Providing drugs and basic equipment to 11 Primary Health Care Centres in Sofala Province.
- Co-ordinating a task force of agencies to combat insect-borne diseases, such as malaria and dengue fever, throughout East Timor, where conflict has left many health services in ruins.
- Training local health staff to boost their capacity to prevent, diagnose and treat disease, particularly malaria.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations. Quoted text from this briefing note may be attributed to the UNHCR spokesperson named below
New York, 12 November 1999
Agenda item 112
Promotion and protection of the rights of children Protection of children affected by armed conflict Note by the Secretary-General The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly, in accordance with section VIII of Assembly resolution 53/128 of 9 December 1998, the report prepared by Olara A. Otunnu, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict.
Merlin is Medical Emergency Relief International,
the UK's leading medical specialist in international aid. http://www.merlin.org.uk
14 David Mews, Porter Street, London W1M 1HW
Tel: 0171 487 2505 Fax: 0171 487 4042
Registered Charity number 1016607
In addition to support under its regular and special facilities, the IMF provides emergency assistance through loans to help members meet economic problems arising from sudden and unforeseeable natural disasters. The IMF has also expanded the scope of emergency assistance to include countries emerging from conflict in carefully defined situations.