- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
- The UN Resident Coordinator’s speech on the anniversary of the Landslide and Flood Disaster – 14 August 2018 in Regent, Freetown
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
To improve health of women and girls in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Central America, Grand Challenges Canada and partners launch or scale-up 18 projects, bring Canada's new Feminist International Assistance Policy to life.
Toronto - Grand Challenges Canada today announced 18 projects extending innovative forms of health-related lifelines to some of humanity's most acutely impoverished, neglected and vulnerable women and girls, supported by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.
KENYA: UMCOR OFFERS RELIEF
Violence throughout Kenya following disputed elections at the end of 2007 has displaced thousands and killed hundreds of people. UMCOR is working with the East Africa Annual Conference, United Methodist missionaries and others to bring needed supplies and assistance to affected areas.
Please pray for those affected by the outbreak of violence.
GOAL currently employs 175 GOALies who work with over 2,500 local staff to implement humanitarian programmes in 15 countries.
GOALies include country directors, project managers, accountants, nurses, doctors, nutritionists, administrative personnel and engineers.
GOAL's programmes target the poorest of the poor and people suffering the effects of war and/or natural disaster.
Funding for these projects comes from the governments of, among others, Ireland, the UK, the USA and the EU, charitable trusts and foundations, United Nations organisations and the general …
AI Index: AFR 01/003/2000
The foreign operations appropriations bill for FY 2001 is currently being acted on by the Senate and will soon go to a conference committee. Within this bill is funding for the Migration and Refugee Affairs (MRA) account. From the MRA account the U.S. makes contributions to UNHCR, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and others who protect and assist refugees around the world.