- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
- Sierra Leone: Families of Police Killing Victims Renew Calls for Justice
The 'African Regional Data Cube' has been launched today at the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data GPSDD's inaugural Data for Development festival in the United Kingdom. This new tool harnesses the latest earth observation and satellite technology to help Kenya, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana and Tanzania address food security as well as issues relating to agriculture, deforestation and water access.
To improve health of women and girls in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Central America, Grand Challenges Canada and partners launch or scale-up 18 projects, bring Canada's new Feminist International Assistance Policy to life.
Toronto - Grand Challenges Canada today announced 18 projects extending innovative forms of health-related lifelines to some of humanity's most acutely impoverished, neglected and vulnerable women and girls, supported by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.
An analysis based on actual persons registered in the UNHCR refugee database (proGres)
By Evelyne Karanja
Nairobi, Kenya, 18 October 2017 - The African Union has announced plans to increase the number of member States with national disaster loss data bases and to put a training programme in place in preparation for the roll-out next year of the Sendai Monitor, the UNISDR-backed mechanism for measuring progress in reducing disaster losses.