- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The WFP Aviation Service had a busy and challenging year in 2010 responding to emergencies in Haiti, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and Niger, in addition to providing year-round air services for the humanitarian community in 13 countries affected by war and poverty. WFP Aviation is the world’s leading air service when it comes to saving lives. It is unlike any other airline: 80 percent of the 240 destinations served by WFP Aviation are in places which commercial airlines consider no-fly zones.
Angola. The war in Angola continues to create acute humanitarian needs. The funding situation has improved and access by road has sporadically been possible, thus some humanitarian assistance is being delivered. High prevalences of malnutrition among children under five have been recorded in the besieged cities of Huambo, Malange and Kuito.