- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- Sierra Leone: Mudslide - Emergency Plan of Action Operation n°2 (MDRSL007) Six months Update
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. It's a great pleasure to meet you.
Human Rights Council
Concludes General Debate Welcoming New High Commissioner for Human Rights
The Human Rights Council this morning heard a presentation from the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for children and armed conflict after concluding its general debate with the new High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Geneva, 9 September 2008 - Ms. Radhika Coomaraswamy, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict, presents her report to the Human Rights Council today.
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
New York, 30 January 2008 - Ms. Coomaraswamy, Special Representative of the Secretary- General for Children and Armed Conflict presented the Annual Report of the Secretary-General to the Security Council on Children and Armed Conflict (A/32/609-S/2007/757) during a press conference today.
The recruitment and use of children in armed conflict is taking place in more than one dozen countries around the world, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon states in a new report, calling for further measures to combat the scourge.
The practice continues in Afghanistan, Burundi, Chad, the Central African Republic (CAR), Colombia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Somalia, Sudan, Sri Lanka and Uganda, Mr.
The Security Council in 2007 focused intensive efforts on resolving, monitoring and managing a daunting range of complex situations already on its agenda, in concert with the new Secretary-General, developing groundbreaking peacekeeping arrangements and other innovative strategies aimed at strengthening global security.