- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
United Nations, New York — The United Nations Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) today announced USD 17.1 million in grants to 22 initiatives in 34 countries, including, for the first time, Iraq and South Sudan.
NEW YORK, USA, 17 August 2009 - Global leaders and policy makers are gathering in Sweden this week to discuss water-related challenges as World Water Week convenes in Stockholm.
From 16 - 22 August, experts in all fields will be provided with an opportunity to examine the impact of water deficits and climate change on poverty, health, gender equality and the environment.
UNICEF, the lead agency working at both local and national levels in the most-challenged countries, will use the forum to highlight the successes of its 'WASH in Schools' programme, which is founded on the …