- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
by Abdul Brima
08 December 2017: Sierra Leone is amongst the poorest countries in the world with alarming cases of mental health problems, worsened by events like the recent devastating floods. With little knowledge about the conditions, and even less support, patients suffer greatly. But support in psychological first aid (PFA) is giving renewed hope to victims of the recent mudslide disaster in Freetown.
13 September 2017: Sierra Leoneans will not forget August 14, 2017. Flash floods and a mudslide left an estimated 500 people dead and caused widespread destruction. The stakes for conflict are high as citizens seek answers to questions of better urban housing facilities and functional land policies. As Insight on Conflict’s Abdul Brima reports from the capital, the situation remains dire for survivors.
They say history exists to teach the past and guide the future. But is this really true?