- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone: Mudslide - Emergency Plan of Action Operation n°2 (MDRSL007) Six months Update
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
Summary: CHF 167,769 was allocated from the IFRC’s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) on 15 January 2013 to support the National Society in delivering assistance to some 2,253 beneficiaries in four locations/districts affected by the fire disaster.
The initial objective of Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) intervention was to support the impoverished fire disaster victims in Bo, Pujehun, Bonthe and Moyamba districts who were left languishing in neighbouring villages as a result of the disaster.
Period covered by this update: 16 January to 9 February, 2013.
Summary: CHF 167,769 was allocated from the IFRC’s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) on 15 January, 2013 to support Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) in delivering assistance to 2,253 beneficiaries. Unearmarked funds to repay DREF are encouraged.
CHF 167,769 has been allocated from the IFRC’s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) to support Sierra Leone National Society in delivering immediate assistance to some 2,253 beneficiaries. Unearmarked funds to repay DREF are encouraged.
Currently, Sierra Leone is facing heightened risks of fire outbreaks due to the hot and dry season.