- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
ECOWAS Commission and the Africa Unite Campaign are rallying ECOWAS Member States to help end violence against women and girls in sub-Saharan Africa.
To this end, the 5th Regional Committee Meeting of Africa Unite held at the ECOWAS Commission’s Abuja headquarters on 2nd and 3rd August 2012 agreed on the joint implementation of Africa Unite’s communication strategy by the two organizations.
ECOWAS has made the elimination of malaria in West Africa by 2015 a major priority using an integrated strategy that involves strengthening of the vector control (biolarviciding) intervention component, the ECOWAS Commissioner for Administration and Finance,
National Societies in the West Coast region Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo work within the framework of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Strategy 2020 to contribute to improving the lives of vulnerable populations in the region and promoting social inclusion and peace.
From the Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law