- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
The Joint Assessment Mission (JAM) conducted in September 2012 aimed at obtaining a better understanding of the situation, needs, risks, capacities and vulnerabilities of refugees in Malawi with regard to food, livelihood, their nutritional/health situation and related matters. The current programme is coming to an end, and this JAM Report aims to provide information for further assistance through the design of a new programme cycle for both WFP (the PRRO) and UNHCR. The last JAM was carried out in 2009 in coordination with the GoM and other stakeholders.
Content Overview of reported outbreaks in the WHO African Region Based on data received from the Early Warning System through the Event Management System (EMS)*, 56 public health events were reported to the Regional Office covering the period January - August 2012 of which 89% were due to infectious diseases.
- Cholera in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia
- Cholera in DR Congo
- Cholera in Zambia
- Ebola in DR Congo
- Ebola in Uganda
Between 01 January and 22 August 2012, a cumula-tive total of 55 185 cases and 1 187 deaths were re-ported from 21 countries ( CFR: 2.2%). The Democrat-ic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Ghana, Niger and Guinea accounted for 92% of the total num-ber of cases and 88% of the total number of deaths (Table 1, Figures 1 and 2).
Résumé du Rapport