- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- With disaster risk on the rise, Sierra Leone partners with PDC on advanced DRR strategies
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
2015 - Le PNUD : oeuvrer pour les peuples et la planète
Dans toutes les régions du monde, des voix s’élèvent pour demander un leadership et des mesures en 2015 pour lutter contre la pauvreté, l’inégalité et le changement climatique.
Voices around the world are demanding leadership and action in 2015 on poverty, inequality and climate change. These universal challenges demand global action, and this year presents unprecedented opportunities for achieving the future we want. This is the year when world leaders come together to adopt a new agenda for sustainable development. The new global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will guide policy and funding for the next 15 years, beginning with a historic pledge to end poverty.
Period covered: January-December 2014
Overview -- DCM mission and core functions
The Disaster and Crisis Management (DCM) department’s mission is to ensure that a well functioning, relevant global disaster management system is in place to address the needs of communities who are vulnerable to or affected by disasters and crises. DCM is part of a global disaster management team guided by the following key strategic priorities:
Beginning in 2011, WHO underwent a restructuring of its emergency work to align it with the ongoing reform of the global humanitarian system led by the Inter-agency Standing Committee (IASC). This report describes the emergency risk and crisis management work of the Organization in 2013 and 2014, in the wake of this restructuring, and provides examples of how its new policies and procedures guided the implementation of specific activities for risk management and emergency response.
Maghreb & Middle East