- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Salesian Missions highlights educational initiatives and child rights education on Human Rights Day
- Supporting communities for social cohesion through reconciliation dialogue
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
4 Asylum seekers granted refugee status
406 Refugees received their ID Cards
11 Refugees qualified for the DAFI programme
$3.500LBD Income from livelihood
Population of concern
A total of 40,256 people of concern
USD 34,164,707 requested
The outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in West Africa is unprecedented in its scale, severity, and complexity. More than 23,200 people have been infected by 15 February 2015, resulting in over 9,300 deaths. Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone are still affected by this outbreak, and are struggling to control the epidemic against a backdrop of extreme poverty, weak health systems and social customs that make breaking human-to-human transmission difficult.
3832 Out Patient Department attendance in the clinics in the three refugee camps
4809 Refugee primary school students receive stationary
720 Refugee youth enrolled in vocational skill learning in the three refugee camps
1 New asylum seeker registered
GENÈVE, 22 avril (HCR) – Le HCR s'est félicité mardi du Plan d'action européen pour répondre aux problèmes de la migration irrégulière en Méditerranée. L'agence des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés a toutefois annoncé que davantage doit être fait, après que des centaines de réfugiés et de migrants aient péri en haute mer.
En particulier, le Haut Commissaire assistant en charge de la protection Volker Türk a déclaré à Genève qu'une opération robuste de recherche et de sauvetage et des voies juridiques crédibles à ces traversées périlleuses demeurent nécessaires.
GENEVA, Italy, April 21 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency on Tuesday welcomed European plans to tackle the challenges of irregular migration in the Mediterranean, but said saving human lives at sea should remain the priority after hundreds of refugees and migrants lost their lives.
The European Union (EU) Joint Foreign Affairs and Home Council on Monday proposed a 10-point action plan on migration following a week of shipwrecks on the Mediterranean, including the most deadly recorded by UNHCR.
24 Refugees invited for medical screening prior to resettlement in the U.S.
746 Refugees participate in vocational skills training in the three camps
7,783 ID cards distributed to refugees living in Grand Gedeh communities
8,737 Early childhood, primary and secondary students pre-enrolled in school
751 Refugees participate in vocational skills training in the three camps
7,844 Refugees indicate their immediate interest in repatriation to Cote d’Ivoire
8,737 Early childhood, primary and secondary students return to school
17,851 Refugees reached with Ebola awareness activities during the month
2 Community peace halls were donated to refugee host communities
150 Refugees graduate from livelihood programs at two camps
1,120 Refugees receive health education on HIV/AIDS and other topics
4,404 Primary and pre -primary children received learning materials for use at home