- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Islamic Relief Worldwide has today published its annual report for 2014, which gives details of income and expenditure – and the positive impact achieved for millions of vulnerable people.
In 2014, our total global income reached £182 million – a growth of £62 million since 2012 – and voluntary income rose to a record high of 79 per cent of our total income. This year saw even more spending carried out directly through our field offices worldwide.
Christian and Muslim leaders played “essential role” in tackling the Ebola virus
Faith leaders in Sierra Leone and Liberia played an “essential role” in stemming the spread of the Ebola virus, according to a new report, but the delay in involving them in the response cost lives.
When an Ebola outbreak was declared in West Africa in March 2014, Islamic Relief began to offer assistance. Imran Madden, head of our humanitarian department, shares what he learned when he travelled to Sierra Leone to see how faith communities have helped in the Ebola response.