- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Global Overview MARCH 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Central, eastern and western regions
CAUSE OF DISPLACEMENT
More than 391,000 new displacements between 11 and 20 August
Bright ideas, local solutions
As humanitarians explore new technologies and innovation, how do they make sure these developments empower the people who need them most? A pilot project in two informal settlements in Kenya and South Africa offers some answers.
Phones, drones and beyond
TAIPEI, Oct. 21 (Xinhua) -- Health departments in Taiwan are gearing up for potential Ebola cases as the fatal virus rages through West Africa.
Taiwan leader Ma Ying-jeou urged the island's health departments to map out a pandemic prevention plan and check medical resources while asking the public to stay calm at a meeting on Tuesday.
"There is no need to panic since we have rich experience in dealing with epidemics," Ma said, also stressing that Ebola spreads through body fluids, unlike airborne SARS.