- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
WMO report highlights impacts on human safety, well-being and environment
6 November 2017 (WMO) - It is very likely that 2017 will be one of the three hottest years on record, with many high-impact events including catastrophic hurricanes and floods, debilitating heatwaves and drought. Long-term indicators of climate change such as increasing carbon dioxide concentrations, sea level rise and ocean acidification continue unabated. Arctic sea ice coverage remains below average and previously stable Antarctic sea ice extent was at or near a record low.
Un rapport de l'OMM met en évidence les répercussions sur la santé humaine, la qualité de vie et l'environnement
Caribbean - Tropical Cyclone ERIKA
• ERIKA continues moving north-west as a Tropical Storm. On 27 August, at 9.00 UTC, its centre was located between Grand Terre of Guadeloupe and the island of Antigua.
• Over the next 24h, ERIKA’s intensity may slightly increase, but will remain a Tropical Storm. Its centre is forecast to pass near or over portions of the Leeward Islands and the British Virgin Islands on 27 August and near or north of Puerto Rico early on 28 August UTC.