- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
An estimated 1 million women live with obstetric fistula, a devastating consequence of prolonged obstructed labor, and thousands of new case develop each year. Life-restoring treatment for women with fistula is available at the health facilities on this map
In the next 60 days, MAP International will provide about $14 million in essential medicines to the most impoverished communities on the continent of Africa.
"Africa's growing crisis is being ignored by many. But it's real and it's escalating," said MAP President Michael J. Nyenhuis who recently returned from an organizational leadership summit in West Africa.
Public health estimates show that malaria kills an African child every 30 seconds.