- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
When the World Bank published Rolling Back Malaria: The World Bank Global Strategy and Booster Program in 2005, the world had what now seems like a modest goal of halving malaria deaths in Africa by 2010. At the time, many thought that target unrealistic and doubted the commitment of both African and global partners to achieving it. Since then, an influx of new funding, new partners, and remarkable successes in several Sub- Saharan African countries have re energized the global malaria control movement.
Update of the ITCZ Position
This is the first issue in 2002 of this quarterly report prepared by the FAO Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) on the food supply situation, cereal import and food aid requirements for all countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The report is designed to provide the latest analysis and information on the food situation in these countries to governments, international organizations and other institutions engaged in humanitarian operations.