- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Should satisfactory agricultural and food prospects be expected?
1. General overview of the rainfall and agricultural situation in the Sahel and West Africa
Seasonal forecasts for West Africa by the African Center of Meteorological Applications for Development - ACMAD have been confirmed. After a late start to the agricultural season in mid-July accompanied by irregular rains, rainfall was intense throughout the region during August and September. Most Sahelian countries received this long-awaited rainfall except Cape Verde where pockets of drought were registered in some areas.