- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- In Sierra Leone, cash transfers bring relief to families affected by deadly floods
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
- Sierra Leone: Government and CSOs work together to promote peace and cohesion after elections
Should satisfactory agricultural and food prospects be expected?
1. General overview of the rainfall and agricultural situation in the Sahel and West Africa
Seasonal forecasts for West Africa by the African Center of Meteorological Applications for Development - ACMAD have been confirmed. After a late start to the agricultural season in mid-July accompanied by irregular rains, rainfall was intense throughout the region during August and September. Most Sahelian countries received this long-awaited rainfall except Cape Verde where pockets of drought were registered in some areas.
Situation alimentaire dans le Sahel et en Afrique de l'Ouest: doit-on s'attendre à de bonnes perspectives agricoles et alimentaires ?
1. Situation pluviométrique et agricole au Sahel et en Afrique de l'Ouest
Les prévisions saisonnières telles qu'annoncées par le Centre Africain pour les Applications de la Météorologie au Développement (African