- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The 2015 International Annual Report describes how SOS Children’s Villages around the world supported children and strengthened families and communities in 2015 through community-integrated responses in care, education, health and emergency services.
The 573 SOS Children’s Villages around the world in 2015 are described as ‘care and protection hubs’ for their local communities, as they provided a range of locally-tailored services to support vulnerable children.
2014 and 2015 have been two years of strong mobilisation for SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL's teams, who have had to take urgent action regarding too many crises. Feedback on two years of intense campaigns.
The most important thing to know about theories of change is that they are intended to be helpful and practical. They are not an academic exercise to make your work more difficult, but instead, a tool to improve the design, implementation and assessment of your programs.
Conseil de sécurité
6196e séance – matin & après-midi
Dans une nouvelle résolution, il demande que les ressources nécessaires soient allouées à la réponse aux besoins des femmes et des filles dans les situations postconflit
Le Conseil de sécurité a adopté, aujourd'hui, à l'unanimité de ses 15 membres une nouvelle résolution sur les femmes, la paix et la sécurité. Ce texte vient renforcer le volet participation de la résolution 1325 (2000), dont l'ONU célébrera le dixième anniversaire l'année prochaine.
Brussels - The global economic meltdown beginning in the latter part of 2008 had its effect on Crisis Group, as on every other organisation dependent on government, foundation and corporate income. We had to engage in some serious belt-tightening, reducing staff in some areas and cutting costs in others.
Points 44 et 107 de l'ordre du jour
Application et suivi intégrés et coordonnés
issus des grandes conférences et réunions au sommet
organisées par les Nations Unies dans les domaines
Agenda items 44 and 107
Integrated and coordinated implementation
of and follow-up to
the outcomes of the major United Nations conferences and
Brussels - What continues to make the International Crisis Group unique among organisations active in conflict prevention and resolution is our highly distinctive methodology: a combination of field-based research, sharply practical policy recommendations, and high-level advocacy. In January 2008 we were named by the Foreign Policy Research Institute, after an international peer survey, as one of the "Top Ten Think Tanks in the World".
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
New Global Report Finds Child Soldiers In Over 20 Conflicts Worldwide
LONDON - Governments are undermining progress in ending the use of children as soldiers, said a coalition of the world's leading human rights and humanitarian organizations in a newly published report.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released the most comprehensive global survey of child soldiers to date.
This document supplements the ICRC's Headquarters Appeal 2003and contains:
- an overview of the ICRC's operations in 2003
- a description of its presence in the field
- a breakdown of its operational organization
- a description of its target populations
- a concise description of its programmes
- a brief description of its 63 delegations
- overall budget amounts
- overall budget and budgets by programme for each delegation