- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Salesian Missions highlights educational initiatives and child rights education on Human Rights Day
- Supporting communities for social cohesion through reconciliation dialogue
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
New Global Report Finds Child Soldiers In Over 20 Conflicts Worldwide
LONDON - Governments are undermining progress in ending the use of children as soldiers, said a coalition of the world's leading human rights and humanitarian organizations in a newly published report.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released the most comprehensive global survey of child soldiers to date.
Supplement No. 36 (A/59/36)
In a year dominated by the war in Iraq, the Security Council also addressed a broad range of other threats to peace and security around the globe, including in the Middle East, Afghanistan, Liberia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire and others.
The Council convened 181 formal meetings, including 48 on situations in Africa, adopted 67 resolutions and issued 30 presidential statements. The veto was used twice, both times by the United States on draft resolutions regarding the situation in the Middle East.