- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Salesian Missions highlights educational initiatives and child rights education on Human Rights Day
- Supporting communities for social cohesion through reconciliation dialogue
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
THE ISSUE OF MENTAL HEALTH
The value of mental health in humanitarian settings is still underestimated. When War Trauma broaches the subject with our humanitarian partners we often find mental health comes as an afterthought. Even aft er twenty years, our task remains to convince aid workers and donors of the value of investing in a healthy mind in a healthy body.
Vienna, Austria, December 11, 2015. Over 24 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 153rd Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amount to nearly US$154m and comprise the following: See complete table
Grant funding totaling US$3.36m was also approved for the following projects/programs:
Vienna, Austria, March 18, 2014. Meeting in its 146th Session, the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved financing of nearly US$264 million to boost socio-economic development in over 30 partner countries. Of the new commitments, over US$193m will support 10 public sector loans and nine grants. The bulk of the public sector funding will co-finance agriculture, transportation, education, energy, health and water supply and sanitation projects.
Vienna, Austria, June 17, 2013. The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 143rd Session on June 13, has approved 17 loans and grants totaling over US$234 million to boost socio-economic development in over 44 partner countries. The majority of the public sector funding will co-finance transportation, energy and water supply and sanitation projects.
The approved public sector loans are as follows:
Vienna, Austria, December 12, 2012. The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 141st Session, has approved 22 loans and grants totaling nearly US$300 million to boost socio-economic development in 23 partner countries. The bulk of the public sector loans will co-finance projects aimed at enhancing the transportation and energy sectors of the recipient countries, as well as the agriculture, education and health sectors.
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.