- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Salesian Missions highlights educational initiatives and child rights education on Human Rights Day
- Supporting communities for social cohesion through reconciliation dialogue
- Sierra Leone: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRSL005)
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
Answering the UN's annual appeals for different
countries and regions, Sida has decided to allocate EUR 36.7 million to
alleviate crises in about 20 countries.
A positive change since last year is that Sudan, Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo have all initiated peace processes, even though the humanitarian situation remains very serious. Apart from armed conflict, HIV/AIDS represents the biggest threat to development.
Sida has just decided to allocate nearly EUR 49,1 million for disaster measures in reply to the United Nation's annual requests for aid regarding different countries and regions.