- Sierra Leone: Mudslides - Aug 2017
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Sierra Leone: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Sierra Leone/Guinea: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2012
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2009
- Sierra Leone: Floods - Sep 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- Africa: Ebola Coordination and Preparedness DREF n° MDR60002 Emergency Plan of Action Final Report
- Measles outbreak confirmed in remote Falaba district
- New Ebola virus strain found in Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone: Mudslide - Emergency Plan of Action Operation n°2 (MDRSL007) Six months Update
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors live in fear of fresh disaster
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
KUWAIT, Aug 18 (KUNA) -- Kuwait's prominent contributions to the humanitarian field had an international impact and recognition, as the UN celebrates the World Humanitarian Day on Wednesday August 19.
Kuwait had been providing humanitarian aid all over the world ahead of its independence, however, the contributions and efforts had strongly developed since His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah came into position in 2006.
Situation Générale en février 2015 Prévision jusqu'à ’mi-avril 2015
La situation relative au Criquet pèlerin est restée préoccupante en février le long de la cote de la mer Rouge, au Soudan et en Érythrée, où des opérations de lutte ont été réalisées contre un grand nombre de bandes larvaires, groupes d’ailes et essaims.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.