Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Reports of excessive force against Sudan protests deeply worrying – Bachelet
- Independent Evaluation of the UNHCR South Sudanese Refugee Response in White Nile State, Sudan (2013 – 2018)
- Sudan Uprising Latest
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees and Asylum-seekers as of 31 Dec 2018
- UNHCR Sudan: Voluntary Repatriation Update - 13 November 2018
people in need of aid as a result of emergencies – almost 60% of all people-in-need globally
people displaced (internally and in neighboring countries) as a result of conflict and natural disasters
7 graded emergencies
directly and indirectly affecting a total of 14 countries
in Somalia and Sudan
H5N1, MERS CoV, Polio
health security threats currently in the Region
From January to December 2016, WFP Sudan planned to assist 4.6 million affected people, of which 3.9 million reside in Darfur. Thus far, WFP has reached 4 million people or 87 percent of the people in need.
In December, WFP Sudan assisted 1.2 million people with general food assistance, and 63,409 children under five and 21,136 pregnant and nursing women with nutrition assistance.
• An important interagency assessment has taken place from 27 to 31 December 2016 in Bau and Kurmuk localities of Blue Nile State to assess the humanitarian situation, including the needs related to child protection, education, health, nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene.
• In December 2016, the Sudan Armed Forces renewed the command order to end recruitment and use of children in its forces, in line with the Action Plan signed in March 2016.
POPULATION TOTALE DU TCHAD 14,2M
PERSONNES DANS LE BESOIN 4,7M
PERSONNES CIBLÉES 2,6M
BUDGET (US$) 589M
# PARTENAIRES HUMANITAIRES 117
J’ai l’honneur de partager avec vous le plan de réponse humanitaire 2017 et le cadre pluriannuel 2017-2019 du Tchad, développé en consultation et avec la participation de l’ensemble de la communauté humanitaire, des autorités nationales et des acteurs de développement.
As of end of September 2016, more than 2.7 million people had fled their homes in South Sudan since fighting broke out in December 2013, with over 1.7 million internally displaced people inside the country and 1 million who had fled as refugees to neighbouring countries. This represents an increase of about 200,000 people newly displaced. There were about 202,020 people sheltering in Protection of Civilians (PoC) sites in United Nations bases.
REGIONAL STRATEGIC OVERVIEW
Summary of major revisions made to emergency plan of action
This update provides an overview on Sudanese Red Crescent Society actions for 18 months of the operation (10 July 2015 - 10 December 2016). Appeal coverage at the time of writing is 19%, donors are encouraged to support the appeal to enable SRCS provide assistance to the targeted beneficiaries through the planned activities as detailed in the Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA). A DREF loan of 178,890 Swiss francs was processed at the beginning of the APPEAL to support the startup of activities by SRCS.
An Action Plan for the protection of children from recruitment and use in armed conflict was signed between the UN and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N). This paves the way to a tangible commitment from SPLM-N to seek real solutions to protecting the children of Sudan from recruitment in armed conflict.
Of 21 children earlier released from detainment for association with armed movements, 20 have been reunified with their families and one placed in an alternative care arrangement.
Insecurity increases population displacement, humanitarian needs in Greater Equatoria, Unity
Relief actors continue cholera response efforts across South Sudan
Ongoing conflict increases number of South Sudanese refugees
As of end of August 2016, nearly 2.5 million people had fled their homes in South Sudan since fighting broke out in December 2013, with over 1.6 million displaced people inside the country and 882,200 who had fled as refugees to neighbouring countries. There were about 196,960 people sheltering in Protection of Civilians (PoC) sites in United Nations bases.
According to the findings of the Cost of Hunger in Africa study, undernutrition is taking a significant toll on Chad’s economy: the annual cost associated with child under nutrition is estimated at USD 1.2 billion, equivalent to 9.5 percent of the GDP; 56.4 percent of adults suffered from stunting as children and 43 percent of child deaths are associated with undernutrition.
The recently published Global Hunger Index 2016 ranks Chad second to last out of 118 countries with alarming levels of hunger.
For the first time in six years, UNICEF secured access to Golo, Jebel Marra (Central Darfur) to undertake an education assess-ment from 19-22 October 2016. The initial report indicates ur-gent assistance is needed for 3,739 children in five schools and 9,000 out of school children. This area has been inaccessible to humanitarian interventions since 2010.
AMOUNT: EUR 70 800 000
A total of __USD 643 million__* requested for the period January ‐ December 2016, including:
- USD 5.3 million for **CAR**
- USD 6.3 million for the **DRC**
- USD 113.8 million for **Ethiopia**
- USD 31.8 million for **Kenya**
- USD 275.7 million for **South Sudan**
- USD 64.6 million for **Sudan**
- USD 139 million for **Uganda**
*This total includes regional activities and support costs (7%)
Fighting displaces populations and exacerbates humanitarian needs in Greater Equatoria, Unity
UN expresses concern regarding ethnic-based threats
WFP delivers emergency food assistance to 1.9 million people in September