Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNAMID Map 4327 Rev. 38 - January 2019
- Flour Power: Protests and riots in Sudan in December 2018
- African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur - Report of the Secretary-General (S/2019/44) [EN/AR]
- Sudan: UN experts urge halt to excessive use of force against peaceful protesters
- Sudan Food Security Sector Dashboard (January - September 2018 Highlights)
January 19th, 2016 ― Doha: Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) has recently completed its Social Harmony initiative launched in May 2013 to promote peaceful coexistence and productive capabilities in West Darfur, Sudan.
Lasting for 30 months till December 2015, the project was funded by $500,000 (QR 1,819,340) contribution from Qatar Development Fund (QDF).
Regional coordination is seen as key to improving humanitarian effectiveness in the region. This is leading to discussions on the development of regional humanitarian networks and coordination platforms.
The UN and the Government of Iran are strengthening cooperation on disaster preparedness and response. A joint earthquake simulation took place in October and the Government of Iran have been encouraged to support regional and international humanitarian efforts.
By Berta Acero
CAIRO, 23 November 2011 – The League of Arab States (LAS) and UNISDR move one step closer to a plan of action on disaster risk reduction for the Arab region. The action plan is expected to be endorsed at the first-ever Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in the Arab region planned for 2012.
Holding a series of consultations with disaster risk reduction experts in the region, UNISDR and LAS are developing the ‘Programme of Action’ to implement the Arab Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction 2020.
The Humanitarian Update is a monthly publication from UN OCHA's Regional Office in Dubai, reporting on the main humanitarian events in the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia. For more information on Iraq or OPT, please visit www.ochairaq.org and www.ochaopt.org
H1N1 "Swine Flu"
As of 3 October 2009, 12,861 laboratory-confirmed cases of Pandemic (H1N1) were reported to WHO by 21 out of 22 Member States of WHO …