Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 15 | 6 – 19 August 2018
- Sudan: Nutrition Response Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (September 2018)
- Sudan: Population Dashboards - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 August 2018)
In late 2008 the Sudan Interior Church (SIC) approached Baptist World Aid with a project aimed at assisting the refugees and the internally displaced people who had been forced away from their homelands by civil war. The people had been living in displacement for over twenty years. It was now time to return to their homelands.
International news is littered with devastating reports from Sudan. The destruction is not just limited to violence as a breakdown in a country's infrastructure leaves citizens vulnerable to other disasters as well. Most recently, a meningitis outbreak in Southern Sudan threatened the lives of hundreds of thousands.
BWAid's Rescue24, under the direction of Hungarian Baptist Aid, was called upon to help vaccinate and thus help prevent the spread of the epidemic.
The situation in Sudan continues to degenerate as the Sudanese government bans humanitarian access to the war-torn South Sudan. Crucial supplies have been unable to reach many of those in need, and critical programs have ceased.