Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 15 | 6 – 19 August 2018
- Sudan: Nutrition Response Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (September 2018)
- Sudan: Population Dashboards - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 August 2018)
Today, at 4 PM, we received confirmation that Francesco Azzarà was released.
Francesco had been kidnapped on 14th of August in Nyala, South Darfur, where he was working as a logistician at EMERGENCY Ngo's Paediatric centre.
On August 14th at 5 PM an aid worker of the Italian based humanitarian organization Emergency was kidnapped in Nyala, the capital city of South Darfur, Sudan.
Francesco Azzarà, aged 34, was abducted by armed people while on his way to the city airport. Francesco is on his second mission in Nyala, working as a logistician at the Paediatric Centre opened by EMERGENCY in July 2010.
The Centre provides free-of charge, high quality medical assistance to all children in need.