Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 15 | 6 – 19 August 2018
- Sudan: Nutrition Response Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (September 2018)
- Sudan: Population Dashboards - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 August 2018)
Many lives were saved due to timely rescue action by Inidan troops in Sudan on 28 May 08 At about 1400h one truck ferrying troops of Sudanese Peoples Liberation Army (SPLA) overturned injuring about a dozen soldiers with two of them being stuck under the veh and bleeding profusely. The 2 NAGA Infantry Battalion Group troops deployed at Bor in Southern Sudan immediately rushed to the site alongwith the Engineer and Medical representatives to extricate the SPLA troops and provide medical aid.
New Delhi, November 5, 2005 - Shri E. Ahamed, Minister of State for External Affairs, will be paying an official visit to Sudan from 7-9 November 2005. A high level delegation of representatives from important PSUs and business organizations like FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM will accompany the Minister.
This is the first official visit from India to Sudan after the formation in September 2005 of the Government of National Unity in Sudan as envisaged under the historic Comprehensive Peace Agreement signed between the Government of Sudan and the Sudan People's Liberation Movement.