Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- 400 Ethiopian refugees arrive in Sudan following ethnic clashes: official
- SUDAN - South West of Sudan and North-East South-Sudan - OCBA projects
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2445 (2018), Extending Mandate of United Nations Interim Security Force in Abyei
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
Israel has a unique historical experience in dealing with people who are fleeing genocide. There is a special sensitivity to these sorts of issues in Israel, and as a result we have taken the extraordinary step of deciding as a country to absorb 500 refugees fleeing the terrible murder in Darfur. We call upon other members of the international community, other countries, to take similar steps in finding places, finding a safe haven, finding permanent homes for the people who are fleeing the genocide in Darfur.
Israel Foreign Ministry's Center for International Cooperation (MASHAV) has agreed to a request by the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) to extend aid to Sudanese refugees.
(Communicated by the MFA Spokesman)
In light of the situation in Darfur, the Israel Foreign Ministry's Center for International Cooperation (MASHAV) has agreed to a request by the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) to extend aid to Sudanese refugees.
(Communicated by the Foreign Ministry Spokesman's Bureau)
Israel has recently donated an undisclosed sum to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to aid refugees from the massacres in Darfur. At Israel's encouragement, the amount has been matched by donations from several American Jewish organizations.
The State of Israel has been following the situation in Darfur with great concern, particularly its impact on millions of innocent civilians.