Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- African Union mediator to consult Sudanese opposition over peace roadmap
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
Loheru health Centre Clinic, Magwi County, Sudan, East Africa.
Aims of the Loheru health centre:
The aim of this project is to construct Loheru health centre to provide a clean and comfortable environment and basic healthcare services for the patients. This health Centre will include a 20 - bed ward, an operating room, educational and administrative facilities, as well as other essential facilities.
Every day in Lofiriha community, an area of forest the size of a football ground is being cut downAims of the project
- To grow 5 million trees by establishing 500 community tree nurseries, each growing 10,000 trees per year to provide a sustainable source of wood for the future.
- To train, educate and empower the local Lofiriha communities to sustainably manage their local environment to reduce poverty.
Budget for Each Nursery
Euro1, 000 pays for setting up and running each tree nursery for one year.
Lofiriha is a war raged rural community located in Magwi County Sudan. The community has been devastated by civil conflicts until 2005 when peace was signed.
Over 10,000 people have been forced to leave their homes, and the community development was brought to a virtual halt. There is no infrastructure developed, and lack of security in the past years has made it impossible for the local inhabitants to return and rebuild. This community has no feeder road, healthcare post Clinic, church, and electricity supply.