Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Reports of excessive force against Sudan protests deeply worrying – Bachelet
- Independent Evaluation of the UNHCR South Sudanese Refugee Response in White Nile State, Sudan (2013 – 2018)
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 20 | 26 November – 23 December 2018
- UNICEF: Statement on the impact of the ongoing turmoil and economic crisis on children in Sudan
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees and Asylum-seekers as of 31 Dec 2018
The Deputy Chairperson of Southern Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission, Yar Paul, has told Radio Miraya that about twelve thousand southern Sudanese refugees in Egypt are soon to be repatriated on a voluntary basis. Yar further added that the southern government has given the Commission over SDG 4.5 million to repatriate the refugees.
Yar added that the Commission is currently taking bids from airlines to bring them from Egypt to Juba.
At least one woman was killed and several people wounded in a recent demonstration staged by Sudanese refugees in Cairo. The refugees were demanding urgent repatriation by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
The Government of Southern Sudan has allocated 30 million Sudanese Pounds for repatriating southerners from Egypt and northern Sudan to enable them to participate in the upcoming 2011 referendum. Southern Sudan coordinator for repatriation, Kormach Chol Badong, told Radio Miraya that 25 millions SDG of the grant will be used for repatriating southerners from the north, and the remaining amount for repatriating refugees from Egypt.
Southern Sudan's Coordinator for Voluntary Return, Kurmach Chol Badong, says the committee responsible for voluntary return in Egypt is coordinating with the ministry of humanitarian affairs, to facilitate the return of refugees.
Chol Badong added that the committee had made great strides in its work. The Refugee Repatriation Committee of Egypt is 'extensively' touring the southern states. Badong told Miraya FM that the committee had met senior government officials, including the Vice President, Dr. Riak Machar.