Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- SUDAN - South West of Sudan and North-East South-Sudan - OCBA projects
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2445 (2018), Extending Mandate of United Nations Interim Security Force in Abyei
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
In some countries, they call them “invisible persons”, in others – “ghosts”. Throughout Europe there are many migrants, primarily rejected asylum seekers, who live in a state of protracted legal and social limbo without any long-term prospects. The authorities refuse to regularize them or to grant them any kind of legal status, but often, they cannot go back to their countries of origin for various reasons, most often, fear of persecution.
Dans certains pays, on les appelle les « personnes invisibles », dans d’autres, les « fantômes ». Partout en Europe, nombre de migrants, surtout des demandeurs d'asile déboutés, vivent dans une situation de vide juridique et social qui perdure, sans perspectives à long terme. Les autorités refusent de les régulariser ou de leur accorder un quelconque statut juridique, mais souvent ces migrants ne peuvent pas retourner dans leur pays d’origine et ce pour diverses raisons, le plus souvent par peur d’y être persécutées.
The Council discussed developments in the EU's Southern neighbourhood, focusing on Syria and Libya. It strongly condemned the ever increasing use of force by the Syrian regime. Once more, the Council urged the Syrian regime to end the killing of civilians immediately, withdraw the Syrian army from besieged towns and cities and to allow for a peaceful transition. In response to the escalating violence, the Council strengthened the enforcement of the EU arms embargo against Syria and reinforced sanctions against the Syrian regime.
Information report Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights Rapporteur: Ms Marina SCHUSTER, Germany, Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
Back in 2009, the Parliamentary Assembly agreed to examine the advisability of setting up an independent European commission of inquiry into serious allegations of grave human rights violations ("the Cassese proposal").