Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 16 | 20 August – 23 September 2018
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
- South Kordofan identifies 40 villages for voluntary return: commissioner
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
N’Djamena, 1 juin 2017 – Le Système des Nations Unies, l'Institut International de la Paix (IPI) et le Département fédéral des affaires étrangères de la Confédération suisse (DFAE), ont organisé une rencontre de haut niveau sur le thème : « Investir dans la Paix et la Prévention de la Violence au Sahel-Sahara ».
East Africa continues to be a region experiencing major challenges. In recent years, it has endured regular violent conflicts and steady transnational security threats. It is the only region in Africa where colonial era borders have been redrawn, adding to a sense of instability. Meanwhile, East Africa remains a place of great potential, marked by a burgeoning process of regional integration.
Reflecting on experiences and lessons learned from the crises in Darfur and the Horn of Africa, this policy forum examined the impact and development potential of food assistance beyond its humanitarian value and speculate on “gap” areas in the existing guidance for nations transitioning out of fragility.
More information about the event:
"Eastern Africa" denotes the geographical are comprising the seven member states of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD): Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, and Uganda. Tanzania is also included because it has had long historical and political interactions with Kenya and Uganda within the rubric of the East African Cooperation (EAC). The main challenges to human security in this region have originated from political and state fragility, resource scarcities, and environmental degradation.