Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- African Union mediator to consult Sudanese opposition over peace roadmap
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
HelpAge International welcomes the UN Security Council's decision to send a 26,000-strong international force to Darfur to stop fighting between government and rebels.
The conflict has has created nearly 2 million internally displaced people (IDP).
HelpAge International through it's partner Help the Aged and the UK's other leading international aid charities have joined forces to launch an emergency appeal today (24th May 2007) to save lives in Darfur, Chad and the Central African Republic.
With 4.5 million people affected by the ongoing conflict, the looming rains are bringing the risk of deadly conditions like diarrhoea and malaria, especially for children, pregnant mothers and older people.
HelpAge International currently works with …
On the fourth anniversary of the Darfur crisis, HelpAge International is calling on humanitarian organisations to adopt an intergenerational approach to the delivery of aid and to building peace and reconciliation initiatives.
HelpAge International is calling on the health delivery organisations to train staff to address the specific health needs of older people.
More than 2 million people have been displaced and many face the prospect that they will not be able to return home.