Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 16 | 20 August – 23 September 2018
- Joint Visit to the Naivasha “Open Area” in Khartoum State [EN/AR]
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
Press Release # 0008
Khartoum/Nairobi/Geneva/New York, 16 January 2005: The World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund in Khartoum have announced that the preliminary results of the three-days Polio vaccination campaign launched country-wide in the Sudan on 10 January indicate that the campaign has been exceptionally successful and reached more 5 million children less that five years of age. The initial target is to cover 5.9 million children in that range of age.
Press Release # 0004
Khartoum/New York, 21 December 2004: The Special Representative of the United Nations' Secretary-General for Sudan, Jan Pronk, expresses his regret that Save the Children UK had to take the difficult decision to terminate its operations in Darfur. The Special Representative reiterates his strong condemnation of acts of violence targeting humanitarian workers.
Khartoum, 9 November 2004: The Special Representative of the Secretary General for Sudan, Jan Pronk, expresses his concern at the escalation of violence in Darfur, in direct violation of the N'Djamena Ceasefire Agreement and the Abuja Protocols on humanitarian and security issues dated 9 November 2004. He is particularly concerned at the Government of Sudan military action on the roads around Al Fasher, which has led to the eruption of a new round of fighting in Darfur on 8 December.