Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
- Joint Visit to the Naivasha “Open Area” in Khartoum State [EN/AR]
- North Darfur endorses residential plan to resettle IDPs
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 16 | 20 August – 23 September 2018
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
Estimates of people in need, internally displaced and food security outlook
Map shows estimated food insecurity for flood affected regions using the Integrated Phase Classification (IPC) scale from FEWS.
Sudan, 18 Sep - Heavy rain and flash floods in several areas of Sudan have affected up to 530,000 people. Between 15,000 and 18,000 houses have been destroyed, with Khartoum being the most-affected state.
Nationwide flooding affected 270,000 last year. This year’s floods are being considered the worst since the historical marker of the 1988 floods. Darfur appears to be less impacted than initially thought but there are conflicting reports.