Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 15 | 6 – 19 August 2018
- Sudan: Nutrition Response Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (September 2018)
- UNAMID full exit from Darfur to be completed within two years: FM
Far from the attention of most of the world in the eastern region of Sudan lies a string of camps where some 200,000 Eritrean refugees live in perpetual limbo.
The educational system in these camps is underfunded and poorly developed. Thousands of children are without schooling.
Last year, LIFE partnered with the American Relief Agency for the Horn of Africa in launching a campaign to help fight extreme hunger and poverty in the Horn of Africa.
In Somalia, $2.8 million worth of medicine and medical supplies were distributed to hospitals and clinics across the country.
In Kabul, Laghman, and Nangahar, 763 families received packages of fresh Udhiyah meat.
Over 10,000 pounds of fresh meat was distributed to 2,300 poor Iraqi families, as well as a number of orphans, in the provinces of Baghdad, Anbar, Diyala, and Mosul.
Udhiyah meat was distributed to 580 families living in Palestinian refugee camps and isolated rural villages.
In the governorates of Tripoli and Sidon LIFE distributed Udhiyah meat to 130 needy families.