Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- 400 Ethiopian refugees arrive in Sudan following ethnic clashes: official
- SUDAN - South West of Sudan and North-East South-Sudan - OCBA projects
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2445 (2018), Extending Mandate of United Nations Interim Security Force in Abyei
- Sudan: Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 31 October 2018)
Far from the attention of most of the world in the eastern region of Sudan lies a string of camps where some 200,000 Eritrean refugees live in perpetual limbo.
The educational system in these camps is underfunded and poorly developed. Thousands of children are without schooling.
Last year, LIFE partnered with the American Relief Agency for the Horn of Africa in launching a campaign to help fight extreme hunger and poverty in the Horn of Africa.
In Somalia, $2.8 million worth of medicine and medical supplies were distributed to hospitals and clinics across the country.
In Kabul, Laghman, and Nangahar, 763 families received packages of fresh Udhiyah meat.
Over 10,000 pounds of fresh meat was distributed to 2,300 poor Iraqi families, as well as a number of orphans, in the provinces of Baghdad, Anbar, Diyala, and Mosul.
Udhiyah meat was distributed to 580 families living in Palestinian refugee camps and isolated rural villages.
In the governorates of Tripoli and Sidon LIFE distributed Udhiyah meat to 130 needy families.