Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Humanitarian Action for Children - Sudan (Revised June 2018)
- Sudan begins to deliver humanitarian aid to rebel-held areas in Two Areas: official
- Sudan reports outbreak of mosquito-borne Chikungunya disease in eastern state
REDR UK HAS joined the United Nations to call for increased international presence to help overcome serious crises in Sudan and South Sudan.
Both states are facing severe humanitarian challenges, affecting more than seven million people across both states, which far outweigh local organisations’ capacity to respond.
Disaster relief charity, RedR, is now continuing its training programme in Khartoum and Darfur following a temporary suspension. RedR supports NGOs and their staff operating in Sudan, providing crucial training and advice in areas such as personal safety.
RedR has been working in Sudan since 2005 and delivers on average 9 courses each month to around 113 relief workers, the large majority of whom are Sudanese nationals.