Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on Situation in Abyei (S/2018/923) [EN/AR]
- Joint Mission Chief Outlines Concept for Supporting Consolidation of Stability as Security Council Considers Darfur
- Report of the Secretary-General on the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (S/2018/912) [EN/AR]
- Sudan renews adherence to unilateral ceasefire until end of year
- Sudan: Population & Operational Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (1-30 September 2018)
Through the support of Qatar Fund for Development and the United Nations Darfur Fund in Sudan; UN-Habitat, UNDP, FAO, the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN), Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources and Physical Development (MoENPD), and Darfur Land Commission(DLC) co-hosted the first Land Conference on 15-16 in April 2018 in Sudan.
Khartoum 22 March 2018– Through the support of the Government of Japan, UN-Habitat this week launched the project ‘Support to Hosting Communities Affected by South Sudanese Refugees in White Nile State’.
The project aims to deliver safe, clean and accessible market places as centres for the hosting communities and South Sudanese refugees in Aljabalain Locality, White Nile State that prevent widespread of diseases including Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD).
Khartoum, 22 January 2015 - UN-Habitat, The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Environment, Forestries and Urbanisation of Sudan which outlines their commitment to work together on sustainable urban development in the country. The agreement was signed by the Federal Minister, Hon. Hassan Abdelgadir Hilal, and UN Under-Secretary-General and UN-Habitat Executive Director, Dr.
Nairobi, 27 Oct 11- The two Sudans met in Nairobi a fortnight ago and agreed to enhance cooperation and promote mutual partnership for the good of the two neighbours since they became separate countries in July.
In a meeting hosted by UN-HABITAT that brought together urban experts working in South Sudan and the Sudan, urban challenges facing the two nations were discussed and possible solutions agreed upon.
Nyala, Darfur, 14 Dec 10
From grace to grass is a line usually used to narrate how one has fallen from a higher place but for some internally displaced persons in Sudan's Darfur region, theirs is a story of how they have literally moved from grass to grace, thanks to a project by UN-HABITAT to improve their dwellings. These are some of the most vulnerable victims of conflict anywhere in the world.
Having been displaced by one of Africa's worst conflicts in recent years, the people living here know that when trouble comes, it really comes in hard.