Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- Sudan: Humanitarian Funds come together to help people support themselves
- WHO steps up efforts to establish Community Based Surveillance in Sudan [EN/AR]
- 21 Darfur displaced now detained for four months without trial
- 400 Ethiopian refugees arrive in Sudan following ethnic clashes: official
2 nd meeting of the LLF Impact Committee in Riyadh approves major pipeline of $242.6 million in development projects for 2017
Representatives from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development, and the Islamic Development Bank agree on project pipeline to lift poorest OIC countries out of poverty
Projects approved in Tajikistan, Sudan, Djibouti, Niger, Mauritania, Cameroon, Uganda, and Guinea
Leaders Gather in Jeddah for World Malaria Day; Call for Increased Investment to Save Lives & Advance Development Efforts
UN Secretary-General, WBG and IsDBG Presidents, and other Agency Heads Visit Region to Link Peace Efforts with Economic Progress
On the occasion of the 38th Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors held in Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, a number of financing agreements have been signed under which the Bank shall participate in financing new development projects in (10) member countries (in addition to the Republic of Kosovo) for a total amount of USD230.9 million , The details are as follows:
1 . The Republic of Tajikistan
Loan for USD10 million, to participate in phase-3 in the Dangara Valley Irrigation Project with the objective of poverty reduction among the population.
A shipment of 10000 frozen carcasses of Hajj-Meat utilized during Hajj Season 2012 is destined for distribution among the poor in Sudan under the supervision of an IDB mission . The distribution comes in line with the implementation of the Saudi Project for Utilization of Hajj Meat (Adahi), managed by the Islamic Development Bank. According to the plan for Hajj 2012, around 793,000 carcasses will be distributed in Makkah and other parts of Saudi Arabia through 270 charity societies and more than 200,000 frozen carcasses in 24 countries in Asia and Africa.
Sunday, 27 November 2011
22.11.2011, Jeddah, KSA – The 279th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank which convened on Sunday at IDB headquarters in Jeddah, expressed its satisfaction over IDB’s unprecedented level of financing during 2011: with an amount of $ 4.2 Million during the year, the IDB posted its highest annual achievement in terms of project financing, excluding financings by other IDB Group entities.
Jeddah,14.12.2009: The Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), which concluded its 263rd session at IDB Headquarters in Jeddah, approved new finances totaling US$ (504) million for development projects and technical assistance in favor of Benin, Kyrgyz, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Nigeria, Uganda, Bangladesh, Iran and Uzbekistan. A Technical Assistance Grant was also approved for the Regional Program for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA).
Jeddah, 19.8.09: The Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank which concluded its 261st session at the IDB Headquarters in Jeddah, approved about US$ 244.4 million for financing a number of development projects in member countries such as Sudan, Jordan, Egypt, Mauritania, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, and Niger. The Board also approved grants from Wagf Fund to support education and vocational training in favor of six Muslim communities in non-member countries in Kenya, China, USA, India, Tanzania and the Republic of Rwanda.
- As the largest and most active international financial institutions (IFIs) and development finance institutions (DFIs) investing, lending, and providing advisory services in Africa(1), the African Development Bank Group, the Agence Française de Développement Group, the European Investment Bank, the Development Bank of Southern Africa, German Financial Cooperation (through KfW), the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, and the World Bank Group, are launching a Joint IFI/DFI Action Plan to respond to the Financial Crisis in Africa coordinated through the African Financing …
The Board of Directors of the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD) which held recently its 9th meeting at the headquarters of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) in Jeddah approved two Projects totaling US$ 19.4 million for rural development in Sudan and combating Malaria in Chad.
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.
Jeddah, 11 July 2007. H.E. Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, the President of the Islamic Development Bank, stated that the amount approved is set to be a part of a broader relief program for Darfur, to be arranged by Malaysian Prime Minister, the Chairman of the OIC current session, in coordination with the Sudanese Government, IDB and other donors.