Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Herders bind, beat displaced wood gatherers in West Darfur
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
NEW YORK, 25 April 1997 - (Department of Humanitarian Affairs) - - Secretary-General Kofi Annan has decided to appoint Robert van Schaik, former Permanent Representative of the Netherlands to the United Nations, as his Special Envoy for Humanitarian Affairs for the Sudan. Ambassador van Schaik succeeds Ambassador Vieri Traxler, who resigned last September on account of ill health.
JANUARY - DECEMBER 1997
Department of Humanitarian Affairs
GENEVA -- (Department of Humanitarian Affairs) -- As hostilities mount in the Sudan, the United Nations today appealed for US $120.8 million to meet the emergency humanitarian needs of the estimated 4.2 million war-affected and displaced persons in the Sudan, many of whom are struggling to cope with chronic malnutrition and the alarming increase of infectious diseases. Persistent insecurity combined with natural disasters, including crop failures and floods in the Sudan, have worsened the plight of almost all vulnerable groups who are already living below subsistence levels.
January - December 1997
Ref: DHAGVA - 96/0415
I Follow Up to Distribution of Operation Lifeline Sudan
Ref: DHAGVA - 96/0354
Ref: DHAGVA - 96/0299
Ref: DHAGVA - 96/0286
APPEAL FOR ASSISTANCE
1. GOVT OF SUDAN HAS ISSUED APPEAL FOR INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANCE, FOLLOWING FLOODS IN CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN SUDAN.
Ref: DHAGVA - 96/0274
SUDAN - FLOODS
DHA INFORMATION REPORT NO. 1
20 SEPTEMBER 1994
1. FLOODING IS THREATENING LARGE AREAS OF SUDAN AS NILE RIVER REACHES DANGEROUSLY HIGH LEVELS FOLLOWING HEAVY RAINS. ON 13 SEPTEMBER, NILE LEVEL AT KHARTOUM STATION REACHED 16.90 METERS, COMPARED WITH 16.74 METERS ON SAME DATE IN 1988 WHEN TORRENTIAL RAINS/FLOODING KILLED SEVERAL PEOPLE AND DESTROYED THOUSANDS OF
HOMES IN KHARTOUM AND OTHER AREAS.
SUDAN/EGYPT - EARTHQUAKES
DHA-GENEVA INFORMATION REPORT NO. 1
SUDAN - EARTHQUAKE
UNDRO INFORMATION REPORT NO. 1
29 MAY 1990
1. A SERIES OF MAJOR EARTHQUAKES HIT SOUTHERN SUDAN LAST WEEK.
2. ON 19 MAY AN EARTHQUAKE REGISTERING 7.5 ON THE RICHTER SCALE, SHOOK THE REGION ABOUT 1,120 KM SOUTH OF KHARTOUM AND ABOUT 100 KM NORTHEAST OF JUBA, IN MONGOLA AREA. PRELIMINARY HYPOCENTER: LATITUDE 5.4 DEGREES NORTH, LONGITUDE 32.3 DEGREES EAST, ORIGIN TIME 02:22:05.7 UTC, DEPTH NORMAL, MAGNITUDE 7.5 MS.