Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhea Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Aug 2011
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- DFID And WFP Sign Multi-Year Agreement To Change Lives In Sudan
- Sudan Food Security Outlook Update, December 2017
- Last group of Sudanese refugees return to South Darfur from CAR
- Sudan Humanitarian Fund: New classrooms for displaced children in Central Darfur
- Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 28 | 18 - 31 December 2017 [EN/AR]
25 June 2008 - At the invitation of the Parliament of Sierra Leone and the IPU, parliamentarians and parliamentary staff from Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Sudan exchanged views on how to strengthen the role of their parliaments in promoting inclusive political processes, institutional reform and reconciliation. They did so at the regional seminar held in Freetown from 23 to 25 June, the first activity of a two-year IPU project to promote focused parliamentary debate and action in these areas at the national level in English-speaking African countries.
The President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), Mr. Pier Ferdinando Casini, yesterday evening completed an official trip to Chad during which he visited the Goz Beida camp for Sudanese refugees and the Djabal camp for displaced persons from Chad on the north-eastern Chad-Sudan border.
During his visit, President Casini met Chadian national and local officials.
More than 170 women legislators from 117 countries attended the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians in Nairobi, part of the 114th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU). The President of the Meeting of Women Parliamentarians, Kenyan Assistant Minister of Education and member of parliament, Beth Mugo, today denounced "the prevalence of rape and sexual violence during armed conflict".