Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (S/2018/912) [EN/AR]
- African Union mediator to consult Sudanese opposition over peace roadmap
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
(RSF/IFEX) - 18 June 2011 - Reporters Without Borders roundly condemns the disgraceful way the authorities are harassing and prosecuting journalists in Khartoum and the north of the country in an attempt to silence them and stop embarrassing revelations about human rights violations by the security forces.
Alert - Sudan
17 June 2011
SOURCE: Arabic Network for Human Rights Information
(ANHRI/IFEX) - Cairo 15 June 2011 - ANHRI has condemned the brutal attack by Sudanese security forces on an Al Jazeera team in South Kordofan state, Sudan. The team was beaten by the security forces, then driven away by force for an investigation.
(CPJ/IFEX) - New York, April 1, 2011 - Security agents of the semi-autonomous government of Southern Sudan confiscated 2,500 copies of the independent biweekly newspaper, The Juba Post, on Wednesday, according to Chief Editor Michael Koma.
(RSF/IFEX) - Access to the Sudan Vote Monitor website ( http://www.sudanvotemonitor.com ), a collaborative platform created by Sudanese civil society with the aim of facilitating independent monitoring and reporting of the current elections and their results, has been partially or totally blocked for the past six days.
The elections, which began on 11 April 2010 and which are the first multiparty general elections in Sudan since 1986, have been marked by allegations of …
SOURCE: ARTICLE 19: Global Campaign for Free Expression
(ARTICLE 19/IFEX) - 18 November 2009 - ARTICLE 19 pledges its support to three Sudanese human rights defenders who have submitted an application to the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights (ACHPR) seeking justice for their unconstitutional detention in November 2008.
Journalist and chairman of the Khartoum Centre for Human Rights and Environmental Development (KCHRED), Amir Suliman, and his colleagues Osman Hummeida and Monim Elgak are heavily involved in the human rights movement in Sudan and support the work of …
Why is it that - in contrast to the attention given to the Middle East conflicts - Arab media and politicians are largely ignoring events in Darfur?