Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- African Union mediator to consult Sudanese opposition over peace roadmap
- Chikungunya fever spreading in Sudan’s Nile basin
- Sudan: East Darfur Population Dashboard - Refugees from South Sudan (as of 30 Sep 2018)
- Health Ministry declares chikunguya outbreak in Kassala
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
By EUNICE OMOLLO
The MPs, drawn from seven countries in Africa, met in Nairobi last week, where they also declared to harmonise their legislations and coordinate interventions to accelerate the abandonment of FGM in the region.
300,000 - Or 90 per cent new cases of Kala azar infections every year. Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nepal, and Sudan are the most affected countries, according to the World Health Organization.
35 - Countries in which VL-HIV cases are reported.
20pc to 40 per cent of patients with VL were also found to be infected with HIV in North Africa, one of the hardest hit areas.
By PHILIP BWAYO
Police in Trans Nzoia have arrested 48 refugees of Sudanese and Somali origin who have been illegally staying outside their camps in an ongoing security operation.
The refugees, who were from the Kakuma and IFO refugee camps, were arrested during security checks in public service vehicles and raids on residential areas where some of them had rented houses.
The African Development Bank (ADB) has expressed keenness to support economic stability in Sudan through strengthening coordination and cooperation with the Sudanese government.
ADB pledged to reflect to the international community Khartoum’s efforts to achieve development in order to help in cancelling Sudan’s foreign debt.