Appeals & Response Plans
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2018
- Sudan: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2017
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2016
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- Sudan: Floods - Jul 2014
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Nov 2013
- Sudan: Flash Floods - Aug 2013
- Sudan: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Sudan: Floods - Jun 2012
Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on Situation in Abyei (S/2018/923) [EN/AR]
- Joint Mission Chief Outlines Concept for Supporting Consolidation of Stability as Security Council Considers Darfur
- Report of the Secretary-General on the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (S/2018/912) [EN/AR]
- Sudan renews adherence to unilateral ceasefire until end of year
- Sudan: Population & Operational Update: South Sudanese Refugee Response (1-30 September 2018)
The Secretary General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, received on 18th October 2009 in his cabinet at the OIC headquarters H.E. Moussa Mohamed Faki, Chad's Foreign Minister, and his accompanying delegation. During the meeting, Ihsanoglu lauded the decision taken by the Republic of Chad and the Republic of Sudan to resolve their differences through direct bilateral negotiations on the basis of the principles of fraternity, good-neighborliness and Islamic solidarity.
The Secretary General of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) Prof Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, has today, 9th May 2009, strongly condemned the latest reported incursion by armed rebels in eastern Chad .
Prof Ihsanoglu noted that the recurring armed activities by opposition groups seeking to destabilize the governments in Chad and Sudan, have continued to remain a source of grave concern to the OIC as they undermine the security and stability of the region and complicate the already dire humanitarian situation prevailing in the area. He warned the rebels to immediately cease their …
The Secretary General of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference, Prof. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, has launched a strong appeal to Chad and Sudan to exercise maximum and avoid any escalation of tension along their common border.
Prof. Ihsanoglu who expressed the concern of the OIC on the latest situation in the relations between the two important Member States, revealed that the Organisation was closely monitoring the developments and was ready to mediate in the dispute.